Monday, January 2, 2017

The Woman That I Am

I've recently been told some family stories by my 96 year old 4th or 5th cousin (the lineage is so complex that I'm not even sure the exact relation). It's always nice to hear the family history, about my ancestors from Italy and stories from when my father was young. But this latest story hit me like a ton of bricks. I now know where exactly my strong character, big attitude and lack of tolerance of B.S. stems from.

So the story goes like this: My paternal great-grandmother was born and raised in Italy. One day she was walking down the street and this man came out of nowhere and attacked her and raped her and then disappeared, never to be seen again.

Great Grandma went on to live her life and eventually immigrated to America. One day this family moved into the neighborhood and she realized it was the guy who'd raped her in Italy. He was living in America with his wife but he'd come illegally. My great grandma went straight to his house, pounded on the door and told the man that he was going back to Italy. He begged and pleaded with her not to contact the authorities but she reported him and he and his wife were deported immediately. Clearly if this were today they'd still be here (Thank you Obama for making it worse).

I tell this story because it's a great representation of the strong, BOLD woman I am. This is exactly the type of response I would have had. I'm exhausted with women claiming "feminism". They want to be treated as equals yet at the same time they want special treatment. Oxymoron?? Feminism is cancer and we need to find a cure. I do believe we have. That cure is President-Elect Donald J. Trump. 1/20/2017 #Trump45


No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Prime Day 2020 Coming Soon!

Amazon Prime Day 2020 is coming so you better get prepared. Prime Day is Amazon's biggest sale event of the year exclusive to Prime memb...