Monday, June 1, 2009

Great Weekend and Happy Monday

Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was packed with things to do. Friday night I went with my old college buddy Cathy to see the Vinyl Trees (Mark Smith, former SJ Shark) at a dive bar, BLVD Tavern in Los Gatos. What an eclectic group of people! The band was better than I expected considering the music on the guys' myspace page doesn't show off their abilities as artists. They are a 3-piece band but added electric guitar at the show which really was a bonus. This was a pleasant surprise. Saturday morning, after barely sleeping, I was up and at 'em early to watch my niece's final soccer game of the season in S. San Jose. It was overcast and cool so I had no idea I'd get burned. Not the brightest move to no wear sunblock. The game was good - they tied. The ref let them teams do a battle of kicks at the end and her team kicked butt. Saturday evening a friend from the Radio, TV & Film department at SJSU drove back up north (another Los Angeleno officially moves back to the Bay Area). We met for drinks following dinner and drinks with my former professor. Lots of laughter. Up and at 'em early again on Sunday morning. I went to my sister's house for our final attempt at making some money off our old things at a yard sale. It was a total bust! Hint: Sundays are not the day for a yard sale. I made $2.50 for 5 hours of my time. Not exactly worth it. In the end, all my old items went to a good cause. We dropped off two carloads worth of stuff to the American Cancer Society so at least something good came out of it. Sure feels good to be rid of all the boxes. :) Monday morning and back to looking for jobs. Ahh, life's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Prime Day 2020 Coming Soon!

Amazon Prime Day 2020 is coming so you better get prepared. Prime Day is Amazon's biggest sale event of the year exclusive to Prime memb...