Monday, March 8, 2010

What's on your bucket list?


Do you have a bucket list?  It's one of those things you think about doing or maybe have even talked to a friend about but you probably never actually composed one.  Why make a bucket list?  You never know how long we have left to live our lives to the fullest.  A bucket list will help you visualize and manifest the things you'd like to do before you die.

I got the idea years ago and started my list but lost it somewhere along the way.  And each year I write a list of goals which contains some of the items on my bucket list.  Still, it's not the same thing.

Last year I was watching an episode of Oprah entitled "Step Out of Your Box" in which actress/comedienne Ali Wentworth challenged women to step outside their box by completing tasks that were the very things they feared.  She supported the women while simultaneously facing her own fears by participating in each challenge.   Some of those challenges included sky diving (on my to-do list), skinny dipping at the beach, becoming a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader (wearing the skimpy outfit and all) and doing the routine in front of thousands at the Texas State Fair, and joining a roller derby team.  Watching this take place invigorated me.

Recently MTV began airing a new reality show "The Buried Life: What do you want to do before you die?" about four 20-something Canadian guys who travel the globe in a tour bus while knocking off things on their "100 things to do before you die" list and inspiring and helping others to do the same.  This gave me an idea: write my own list and challenge myself to complete them.  Some have already been checked off and others have remained unattempted but all are dreams of mine in some way or another.  You'll see an underlying theme of fear of heights and water in many items on my list.  Others are simply dreams I've had since I was a little girl.

My bucket list:
  1. Visit my cousins in NYC (I haven't seen over in ten years)
  2. Sky dive
  3. Be in a recording studio while artist/band is recording (Ignacio Peña and Bletzung)
  4. Travel to Europe
  5. Go to Puerto Rico (I've been 4 times)
  6. Drive cross country
  7. See Canada
  8. Model for a photo shoot
  9. Help someone achieve one of their bucket list items
  10. Win the lotto
  11. Hit the road traveling with a rock band
  12. Write and publish a book
  13. Receive Associate's degrees
  14. Receive Bachelor's degrees
  15. Get my Master's degree
  16. Have a child
  17. Get married
  18. Ride in a glider
  19. Fall in love (I've been in love but I'm ready to fall all over again)
  20. See the Ellen DeGeneres Show and meet Ellen
  21. Meet the rock band The Fray (met 3 times)
  22. Visit Bermuda
  23. Be a mentor to someone
  24. Visit all 50 states (I've only been to 12)
  25. Hike in a rainforest
  26. Visit a major record label (Been to Universal Music in Santa Monica and Universal Music distribution in Miami Beach)
  27. Learn to play the guitar
  28. Hold a Grammy award in my hand (Done in 2005 in Miami)
  29. Lose 20 lbs. (Lost 23 lbs. in 2009)
  30. Learn to surf
  31. Ride in a KC-135 as it refuels a fighter jet
  32. Move to Los Angeles
  33. Compose lyrics to a song (Did as a little girl and co-wrote song with singer)
  34. See Graceland in Memphis
  35. Go to ACL (Austin City Limits)
  36. Go to Lollapalooza
  37. Interview musicians/artists at Billboard Music Awards
  38. See John Mayer perform live
  39. Get an article published in a magazine
  40. Learn to snowboard
  41. Interview Latin singer Luis Fonsi (published on web site PuroRock.com)
  42. Run naked on a beach
  43. Work at a radio station
  44. Ride on a zip line
  45. Meet Menudo / Ricky Martin
  46. Visit Costa Rica
  47. Learn to speak Italian
  48. Be on TV (LATV Live, Dr. Phil and Jimmy Kimmel Live)
  49. Participate in SXSW Music Conference
  50. Live by the beach (lived in Santa Monica for 3 years)
  51. Attend taping of TV show (LATV Live, Dr. Phil Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Geraldo, The Farm Club and The Price is Right)
  52. Take a dance class
  53. Meet Jon Secada
  54. Visit New York City
  55. Go on a Mediterranean cruise
  56. Visit a military base (Camp Pendleton in San Diego, California)
  57. Meet Diane Keaton
  58. Go backstage at a concert (Been inside Ricky Martin's tour bus and underneath stage and backstage of his tour in 1999)
  59. Work on a music video (Was a production assistant on The Donnas "Skintight" video)
  60. Publish a blog (You're reading it)
  61. Go horseback riding
  62. Throw a surprise party
  63. Meet Dr. Mehmet Oz
  64. Go to a Super Bowl
  65. Get a tattoo (got the Kanji symbol for Happiness, Hope, Love on my lower back)
  66. Learn to fly a plane
  67. Help someone build a house
  68. Pay for someone else's groceries
  69. Get my photo in a newspaper (San Jose Mercury News in 2005)
  70. Go on a blind date
  71. Meditate at an Ashram
  72. Go on a sailboat (Guatemala and Cancun, MX)
  73. Go snorkeling
  74. Go to Tikal in Guatemala
  75. Go to Mexico
  76. Swim with dolphins
  77. Run a marathon
  78. Swim under a waterfall
  79. Ride an ATV
  80. Ride a motocross dirt bike
  81. Go for a motorcycle ride
  82. Visit a volcano
  83. Ice skate
  84. Get pink streaks in my hair
  85. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
  86. Climb a pyramid or ancient ruins (passed up the opportunity in both Cancun and Guatemala)
  87. Buy a house
  88. Buy my own car
  89. Sit in on a live radio interview
  90. Take a yoga class
  91. Sit at a news desk
  92. Drive across a bridge (Golden Gate and Bay Bridge)
  93. Ride a Gondola in Venice
  94. Ride on a jet ski
  95. Swim in a lake
  96. Ride in a fighter jet
  97. Ride in a helicopter (Done in Kauai)
  98. Go on an African safari
  99. Indoor rock climbing
  100. Take a mud bath

In writing my list, I've discovered how much I've already completed.  WOW, that feels good.  I've lived a lot.  I feel lucky and privileged to be able to have accomplished so many goals I've dreamed up.  But I do want to complete as many of the items on my list as possible.

If you have something on your bucket list that you'd like to accomplish feel free to share it here.  I welcome you to "borrow" from my list as well.  And if you'd like to help me out to complete mine, thoughts, ideas, suggestions and/or monetary donations are welcome.  Click below to donate to the cause:


Thanks for all your support of my endeavors.  I wish you the best in yours.  Keep on keepin' on.

Muzik Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Prime Day 2020 Coming Soon!

Amazon Prime Day 2020 is coming so you better get prepared. Prime Day is Amazon's biggest sale event of the year exclusive to Prime memb...